Affirmations for the inner soul.

Feature wall

As a women am motivated by determination of accomplishment. When I have my mind set out to achieve something , I let nothing get in the way...

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Respesct or just due?

Recently football player Colin Kaepernick sat during the USA national anthem. His reasoning behind it was simple "I am not going to stand up and show pride in a country that oppresses black people" . Just a few short weeks ago Gabby Douglas was under fire for not crossing her hand over her heart. Meanwhile Ryan Lochte gets away with acting like a criminal.

Where's the equality at? The reality is, there is none. And America is showing its true colors even in Rio with all the backlash Gabby  received and the smack on the wrist for Ryan.

So my question is. Was Kaepernick right? Was he justified in doing so? America wants respect abroad but can't give it at home?

No comments: