Affirmations for the inner soul.

Feature wall

As a women am motivated by determination of accomplishment. When I have my mind set out to achieve something , I let nothing get in the way...

Saturday, February 18, 2017

All Things C.U.T.E. (Creative. Unique. Trendy. Empowering)

Heeeey and thanks for stopping by!
I'm so excited to be joining the Envision Magazine team as a blogger.  First let me introduce myself.  I am Lynnette Brooks, owner and operator of the online children accessory boutique, Carry  Me Cute NYC.  We allow kids to express themselves and show their personality through fashion.  Creativity is my left arm and the empowerment of women and young girls is my right.  I love what I do!  So when the opportunity to write this blog came to me, without thinking I immediately said YES!  I have much respect for the women who bought me on board as a guest blogger. THEY ARE AWESOME!

  

So with all the stuff going on in the world today, sometimes we need escapes......So here we're going to keep it fun & C.U.T.E. (Creative, Unique, Trendy, Empowering).  I'm a total sucker for DIY's so you'll be seeing a lot of them.  And if you're not the crafty type, you will be when I'm done with you! LOL
On a more serious note, we are all here for one reason.  That being that we are in line with the message of this magazine.  We dream big, we want better, and we're trying to survive while we go get that!!   Our families, our work, amongst other things, can often get in the way (I mean that in a good way!) of taking care of us!  I know for me personally, I'm no good to anyone if I'm not good.  Sooooo with that said I thought that this week's DIY would be a little different from the norm.  It's more like a D.U.O ( Do Us Ourselves).  Here is a list of helpful tips I put together that will help keep our bodies good and our brains better.

1. Serenity- In our busy lives, it's important that we find this stillness every now and again

2. Belonging- Find something to belong to other than work, school, and family.  Find something for YOU to enjoy.  Take an art class, learn to swim, or even join a book club. Do something for YOU! It's not selfish, I promise.

3.  Be Optimistic- Look! There's nothing worst than always seeing the worst in every situation.  Start to find the brighter side of things. Your brain will hurt a lot less.  Less negativity equals a clear mind. 

4. Healthy Diet & Exercise- I know what you're thinking but the truth is, It's Great For You!  You can follow my Pinterest board to get some tips for healthy recipes.  Honestly getting in the kitchen and making delicious dishes that are healthy is really FUN & REWARDING when those pounds start dropping off. 

5. Relaxation- There's nothing better than a nice hot, relaxing bath.  Amen! Try these DIY bath salts.  Get yourself a $1 mason jar, fill it with your DIY bath salts & you're good to go.  A little goes a long way and because you're making it yourself with things that you may have laying around the house, you get to save your coin!

Got it?!? Ok now go take care of yourself! Until next month, stay C.U.T.E.

Lynnette XoXo

No comments: