Affirmations for the inner soul.

Feature wall

As a women am motivated by determination of accomplishment. When I have my mind set out to achieve something , I let nothing get in the way...

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Pink Conversations

Welcome to Pink Coversations! Where grown women talk! Ok ladies now lets get information!
I wanted to talk about a nice "safe" topic, but with so much going on i had to jump on it. First! I am an American, born and raised and so is my family. My ancestors came from many different countries, settled here and created families. I was raised to respect all people, love all people and that America was "the melting pot" of the world! I have always been proud to be an American. Knowing and understanding that my peers were from all over the world! I lived vicariously through them. I learned their cultures, ate their food. Learned the curse words of their language. I embraced them as much as they embraced me. We were all different, and that was ok, that was the secret glue to our bonds.
As Americans we watch in horror all of the civil wars and genocide happening in other countries. We've seen children lay dead in the streets of war torn countries, CHILDREN! And we sit back in devastation. How could they be so hateful? We pour out! We donate money, we make our facebook profile pictures reflect our support. And we neglect the devastation of our own communities because deep down we think that we would never see that type of destruction here in America.
Here it is 2017. Back in 2009 we thought we finally got over our painful history, now we can begin to heal! Our first Black President will make it all alright. And he was great! So great that they had to counteract how great he was! Everything that America stood for is now on the black market. Our pride, our democracy, our rights! All up for sale and i do mean, for sale!  Our governments has turned our civil rights and foreign affairs into a business. A business built on fear and anger. In justva matter of 1 week, the new president has turned this country completely  upside down! And now we have famlies, the same as yours and mine about to be torn apart. The very system America was built on is now shutting down.  For those whos families came here through Ellis Island and who had a chance to benefit from becoming an American who now say immigrants are not welcome seem to be forgetting that they too had that label. IMMIGRANT. For those whose ancestors came accross the ocean in boats, tearing up the land of the Indigenous peoples, they too were IMMIGRANTS. To those whose family fought in the civil war or fled British rule which was an act of protest, who now say we cant protest? What history have you been learning? I watch in horror of the atrocities going on here currenlty and im embarrassed!  No longer proud, but embarrassed that my country let the world down. 4 years of this and we are only on week 1! Please dont let this pull us apart as people! That seems to be what they want. Praying for the world tonight. Talk to me people!

No comments: